I have not posted in a long while and I am not sure because of my lack of posting if anyone is still out there listen, but, if not, I can talk to myself and can go back in the future to remind myself of what I was thinking and feeling.
Looking at the title of this blog, you might think that I am complaining about my recovery. I am not really complaining as much as I am surprised. I really thought by now I would be recovered with some minor difficulties. And in reality, I can get around and do pretty much anything I set my mind to except running. The pain is what is aggravating. The pain stops me in my tracks and I really hate that. I can take all of the pain meds I want to take and the pain never goes away. How annoying and frustrating. I have a new appreciation for people who live with daily pain. It is always there. It never leaves. It is like a ball and chain around your neck, constantly pulling you down.
Recently, I have not been doing my workouts as much as I should be. Nor have I been losing weight like I need to. Those 2 things will help in dealing with the pain, I am sure. So why in the world am I not doing these 2 things? Oh, I can come up with a long list of excuses, but it all boils down to laziness. I know what I must do, yet I don't do it. Sound familiar?
There is one bit of of sunshine in this whole thing. As of Dec 15, I am off disability and I can go back to work full-time!
So here are my goals. I need to lose 50 to 60 lbs. I need to work out 3+ times per week. Pray that I will do this! I will post again in a month and let you know how I am doing.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats Russ! I'm so proud of you!!! I know how hard it is to work out...and loosing weight is hard work too. I have the upmost faith in you that you can do it! God didn't bring you this far to quite yet! And yes, I'm still reading your blog! Love your words of wisdom!
Deborah Lindley here...
Russ, we are all so proud of you - your attitude serves as an encouragement to us all. While your heels and feet may hurt, your wit and humor are STILL good to go my friend! Robert and I plan to get back on the weight loss though NOT THAT STUPID WEIGHT LOSS CLINIC THINGY....oh no not that. We will eat sensibly and exercise. Robert's brain all but fell out during that time and I almost lost mine dealing with him! LOL (sorry Chris Skelley.....) We will all encourage each other as we travel this road together. As far as TK goes and Ruebel, I've come up with an idea to accomodate you - will share later! You take care, enjoy the holidays and celebrate the REAL reason for the season! Your crazy friend, Debbie Lindley
I know you can do it. We all need to have healthier lifestyles. Your heel pain is just added motivation. See you Thursday.
David
Russ we are so pround of you! We are really enjoying living closer and being able to see you, Robbie and Collier more. We are praying for you and we know that you can losse the weight and work out more. Love Mom & Dad Rhodes
Post a Comment