Today is Happy Feet Day at the Rhodes house! Today marks the 13th anniversary of my accident. We celebrate this day each year to give special thanks to our great God because I was told I would not be able to walk again. I had destroyed my calcaneus bones in both feet. The best I could have hoped for was using a walker the rest of my life. Wow! I can remember that phone call from the leading Ortho surgeon in Arkansas. I was all alone in my hospital room that morning. It was a dark day. I had an 18-month-old son and a wife who was trying to hold it all together for me. I just cried out to God asking for His grace. He delivered above and beyond anything I could have imagined. I still walk funny but I can walk. I live with excruciating pain on a daily basis but I have a pain management regiment that helps. Each day when my feet hit the floor and the pain racks my body I am reminded of how wonderful God is and that His grace is sufficient for all of my needs and pain. So this day we celebrate the greatness of the almighty God...the one and only true God. May may crooked walk and my pain bring Him the glory and honor He deserves! A special THANKS to my amazing wife who never left my side....who also suffered greatly during my long hospital stay, 1.5 years recovery and to this day when I am doubled over in pain. She is a rock I can lean on. I love
Monday, August 9, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment