WOW! Since being released to bear weight on my right foot, I have been doing all kinds of fun stuff! Primarily, driving! At my last doctor's appointment, I was concerned how I was going to get to my physical therapy appointments. As you read in my previous post, I have figured out how to get my wheelchair in my car and go places on my own. So my prayer!
I have completed my first week of physical therapy (PT). I spent this week in a wave pool. Walking in a pool of water cuts my weight in half and allows me to walk on my right foot without any assistance of people or devices. It was so cool to do this. It was painful, but cool nonetheless.
I spend time walking, stretching and at the end walking against water currents. Now that is very interesting. I can adjust how powerful the currents are.
Just after one week of PT, I am walking more with my walker and spending less time in the wheel chair. So cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment