I am completely amazed that today is my 7 month anniversary of my accident. In a very small way, it seems like yesterday, but for the most part, it seems like years ago. So much has happened over the past 7 months that much of it is a complete blur, yet the weekly physical therapy and the daily pain remind me of what my surgeon continues to tell me; recovery will be slow and painful! So daily, I am reminded of God's grace and the fact that I am still disabled and will be for many more months ahead.
My 6 month mark came and went without any notice. I am cool with that, but many times I wonder if people still pray for me. I am sure today will come and go just like the day did a month ago. I fully understand that it is human nature to move on. Time keeps marching, life continues on and the dust settles. Unfortunately, for many, needs are still great even if the dust has settled. I am reminded of this daily. If I only take one thing away from this experience (you can bet it will be more than 1 thing!), it is this...when I choose to walk with people through their storm, I will walk all the way, from start to finish. This is SO important....oh, SO important. Already, God has given Robbie and I opportunities to walk with our dearest of friends as they are in the middle of storms. To them, I pledge to be there from beginning to end. No matter what is cost me personally in time and money...I will be there when we walk out of the storm no matter the out-come!
Continue to pray for me. Healing is still in progress and I still have to devote a large portion of my day staying off my feet. In due time, God will heal me, completely, and this will not be the case. I love all of you and thank you in advance for your support and prayers!
Back To Work! STOP! Not So Fast There Cowboy!
Well, I thought I was ready to go back to work part time. I made the big announcement and reactivated some of my clients who were eagerly awaiting my return. I notified my disability insurance provided of this and they told me no more benefits! WAIT! HOLD ON! You mean it is all or nothing? Yep! You are either totally disabled or you are totally healed and back work! What a load of crap! They have been doing all they can to get me off disability and yet when I strive to slowly come off, they dump me. It is a crazy system. But I learned something and that is not to volunteer information. You can moral and honest and yet not give away your hand. I give to much away when it comes to information. Not again!
So, what am I doing? I am completely disabled, that is what I am doing. I had to get my surgeon to write a letter saying that he considers me completely disabled until he releases me. Not sure when that is going to be. But in the mean time, with a little bit of a fight, faith in God to fix this and a hope that knew He would, my benefits have been restored and I am focused on healing only. CRAZY!
1 comment:
We are still praying! We miss you, too. It's hard to believe it's been 7 months. God has done so much in such a small amount of time.
That stinks about your disability stuff. I know you are so eager to be 100%, 100% of the time. We'll continue praying and thinking about you.
Post a Comment