This lesson goes hand-in-hand with the last one I just posted. It happens. People will swarm around you at the initial beginning of the crisis. Then as time moves out, the crowds get thinner and thinner. It will seem like no one really cares anymore and you begin to feel lonely. Again, you emotional roller coaster is taking you for another ride. You must keep your focus on Jesus Christ and on serving other people. The more you focus inward, the deeper that loneliness hole becomes. Get up! Find someone else who is worse off than you and go make their day brighter. In doing so, you will make yours much brighter.
There is also a reverse lesson here all of us. When people are in a long-term recovery from a crisis and you have chosen to walk with them, then you must walk with them the entire distance. It is not a 100-yard dash...but a long distance marathon. We must be wise in our commitments to others. I am not bashing the "first responders". Robbie and I would have never made it without them too! They too serve a great purpose. But for those in your inner circle, those covenant relationships, those you have chosen to walk with...they are they ones you must stay with until the end. I am much closer and more committed to my inner circle today than I ever was before my accident. I will go the distance with them no matter what!
I have 8 more lessons to post. So stay with me! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment