Day 47
Back on my Feet Countdown: 61 days
More Awesome News!!
I had another doctor's appointment this past Tuesday. Robbie and I believed in our hearts that we were going to get more great news. It is what we have prayed for and it is what we believed would happen. But in God-fashion, the news was more than just great...it was bigger and better than even we were expecting. And let me tell you, my expectations were very high!
We were called back to a room. First off, I was wheeled back for new x-rays. Once that was done, I was taken back to my room. After waiting a while, the doctor came in with the new x-rays. He threw them up on the lighted board and said, "Amazing!' "Everything looks better than I was ever expecting!" "Remarkable!" I was expecting these remarks. My doc then asked me how my feet were feeling. I told him all is great...there was some pain at night, but that was mostly attributed to swelling and the swelling was attributed to me no keeping them elevated enough. Meaning, there are some days where I am doing too much!
Here is where it gets much sweeter. My doc then said, "you can lose the left boot...I want to reward you for all of the great things that are happening here." I said, "WHAT?!" I never even considered that I would come out of this visit with one less device strapped to my legs! My left leg and foot are FREE! And then it got even better....by my next appointment (6 weeks), I should be able to stand and walk on my left foot using a walker! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?
Here are more details:
- I can start moving my left foot side to side.
- I can start bathing my right leg and foot.
- I can start moving my right foot up and down.
- I can start putting weight and pressure on my left foot.
We are thrilled! We are tickled! We are thankful!
What Does the Walking Countdown Mean?
Many have asked me what kind of walking will I be doing at Thanksgiving. I have asked God to allow me to walk by Nov 25th. My expectation is both feet on the ground, taking a few steps with a walker. BUT, knowing God the way I do, I am sure it will be bigger and better than what I have in mind. So, I want to walk to my Thanksgiving Table so that I can give all the honor and glory and thanks to God Almighty!!
No comments:
Post a Comment