Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Time Off With Family Continues--Here Comes Gustav

Sept 1, 2008
Days 22-23

Back On My Feet Countdown: 85 days



It has been a blast being home with my family these past few days. What great timing for Robbie to be off for 5 days straight. We are learning how to live in a wheelchair. I have been working hard to find ways to help around the house; in an attempt to help Robbie with all of the added duties she picked up when I came home. I have been folding clothes, cooking lunch and dinner (with a little assistance), feeding Collier and I can clean up the kitchen. I am so thankful I can help.

Robbie is a trooper! She does it all with a smile on her face and I am SO thankful for her love, support and all that she does to take care of our family!

--------------------------------------

During my rehab and recovery, I have become reacquainted with a song that has now become my song during this trial. The song is, In Christ Alone, by Michael English. I have adopted this song because the lyrics perfectly describe me and my situation. The lyrics point my heart to Christ and they comfort me; they allow me to give praise to God! Here see for yourself--:

In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself
In battles won
For I've been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone, I overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes
Like diamonds in my hands
But these trophies could not equal
To the grace, by which I stand

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

In Christ alone will I glory
For only by His grace
I am redeemed
And only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness
To my need
Now I seek no greater honor
Than just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses
And to the glory of my Lord

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

-----------------------------

Gustav has made its last stand here in Arkansas. The rain began last night and will continue for the next 3 to 4 days. We are expecting as much as 15" of rain in some parts of central Arkansas. Looks like our fall foliage will be spectacular this year. The more rain we get in August, the brighter the colors will be in the Fall. If you have never been to Arkansas in the Fall, you are missing some beautiful colors. I am looking forward to a wonderful Autumn!!

No comments: