You MUST have a good network of friends and family!
We are all too busy! Our calendars and schedules are so crammed with activities, that we barely can breathe! We get this false sense of security from checking off tasks on our To-Do lists. Yet, what I have learned is that our busy lifestyles have moved us away from building lasting relationships! We have become an island of one. Nothing else seems to matter but our calendars, to-do lists and our personal activities. Because of this, we have very little time to devote to our friends and family. I must shamefully admit to you that if it were not for birthdays, I would probably never see my dearest friends. And even then, we are late to celebrate the event! It is shameful. We all know it is. We freely admit this shame, but in the end, we do nothing about it! We go back to our crazy lives and await the next time we have to bow our heads and admit we are too busy...and the cycle continues!
I AM BLESSED to have close friends and family. They came to my (AND Robbie's) rescue in my (OUR) time of crisis. They swoop'd in and took care of things so that Robbie and I could focus on healing. It was amazing to watch and even now to look back upon!
So here is what I have learned! I will stop taking my friends and family for granted. I am going to pursue my friends and family more than I have in the past. I am going to pray that they too will look for ways and implement ways to improve their relationships. My personal schedule should not stop me from cultivating the close relationships that I so desperately need in my life.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Russ. That is a great reminder we all need, especially as we get ready for the busiest time of the year and also the time when we are supposed to spend the most time with our family and friends.
Hey! Anita here...sorry to crash your comment section with a question, but could you send me yours or Robbie's e-mail address? Aaron and I are having a friendly disagreement :) about a picture that he says is Robbie, and I say it's not. I want to send it to you guys to settle this!! Thanks so much! You can send it to awfamily@sbcglobal.net. Also, thank you for these great reminders here. I was glad to read and catch up on you and your recovery.
Post a Comment