Since my last doctor's appointment on Oct. 30th, I have been engaging in several firsts (at least, firsts since my accident).
- On Friday, Oct 31, I drove my car 3 times. It was awesome to be driving again!! Robbie put my wheel chair in the back and we both took off to our destinations.
- On Sunday, Nov 2, a friend let me borrow his walker. After church, I WALKED FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! My goal was Nov 25, yet God allowed me to do it 23 days early. I did not go far, but it was exciting and very emotional!
- On Tuesday, Nov 4, I got into my car and drove to Sonic by myself to get a Diet Coke. I wheeled out to the garage, stood up, got into my car and drove off. Came home, got back into my chair and wheeled back into the house. So refreshing to do thing on my own!!
- TODAY--I decided I could pick my wheel chair up and put it into my SUV on my own. So, I went to Office Depot to get some storage boxes. Then I wheeled through Best Buy to get a cable for my computer and then I stopped to get a Diet Coke for my wife. I then went to her office to deliver it and surprise here. It was amazing to be out on my own. Lifting the chair in and out of my car was no big deal.
I start physical therapy tomorrow. It should help me to walk better and longer!
God is SO amazing!
5 comments:
We are so glad for your progress. We will pray that it continues. Thanks for being a blessing in the middle of your storm.
Jan Perkins
I am so happy for you Russ. Sounds like you are doing great! I'm just jealous you are actually walking without a boot...a fractured big toe since August has me still in a boot! That's what I get for kicking Luke huh! God is still SO good!!! I'm proud of ya!
Congrats Russ on your latest achievements! We are so glad that your recovery is moving along at quite a clip. We will continue to send good wishes to you and your family!
DEBORAH LINDLEY SAYS:
Well well...watch out world...Russ is back in business!!!!!
I am absolutely amazed at how God has taken care of this for you Russ. But, He LOVES US SO MUCH!!!! I'm learning more and more about that doing the Beth Moore study on Tuesday mornings at church. This experience will make you stronger and someday somewhere, your experience just may help someone else in the same position.
You continue to heal and make progress pal. NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE can play "Reuben-The-Jewish-Pimp-that-gets-a-Holy-Ghost-healin'-and-becomes-a-DISCIPLE" in The Kingdom like you!!! I CUSTOM MADE that costume, pal, JUST for you and Melissa accessorized it (with YOUR HELP AND INPUT OF COURSE)to make ol' Reuben that special fellow he is! LOL LOL LOL
You are an encouragement to so many and you are always a bright ray of sunshine! We'll keep praying for you pal...YOU DA MAN!!!
Your pal, Debbie Lindley
You say moving the chair is "no big deal". I know better! That thing is pretty awkward and big when folded up. God just rocks, I'll just say that!
Post a Comment