Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Feet Day 2012


It's Happy Feet Day 2012!!!  Today is the 4th anniversary of my accident.  I fell through my attic 14 ft, crushed my heels and was told I would never walk without without a cane, walker, wheelchair, some kind of assistance.  Yet, our great God blessed me with the ability to walk on my own.  I walked for the first time, unassisted on Thanksgiving Day 2008!  A day I will never forget!  Despite the extreme pain I constantly endure, I am blessed beyond measure.  I cant begin to tell how my life has changed, how God has carried me on those days when I couldnt get out of bed because of the pain.  Those days when I looked out my hospital window wondering if I would ever get to run and play ball with my son.  But I placed my trust and faith in the only powerful being in the universe that could deliver me and He did!  Thank you God for all that you have done for me and my family.  May my life be a continuing testimony to you and your son Jesus!  Thank you to my amazing wife who has been my biggest fan throughout my healing.  May God bless you Robbie.  I count it a privilege to be your husband.  I could have never walked this path without you, my love.

Many times we link our experiences in life to a specific song.  I have loved the music of Michael English for a very long time.  His version of "In Christ Alone" is that song for me and my accident.  Listen to it.  It tells my story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nSfsM0hQrM

No comments: