Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Milestone!!

Oct 17, 2008
Day 67

Back on my Feet Countdown: 40 days


Our Sis-In-Law has been caring for Collier, here at our home, on Mondays and Fridays. Mondays and Fridays are normally my off days and I typically keep Collier. But, with crushed heels, it is impossible for me to keep him safely; that is, until NOW!

Our Sis-In-Law was blessed with a job that she started this week. That left us without someone to care for Collier. So we began to pray along with our family and friends, asking God to send us someone to fill the need. We wanted someone that could come to our house so that I could spend time with Collier on these days. Yet, as the week wore on, no specific person was coming to our minds and no one was knocking on our door. So by mid week, I began to think and pray more...and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I could be that person. So I approached Robbie, asking her to be bluntly honest about my idea. I wanted to be with my son, but I also wanted protection for my feet and Collier. We were both nervous about the idea, yet we could not find a concrete reason to kill it. So we changed our prayer; asking God to kill our idea if it were not His will.

So, today, here I sit, reminiscing of the day I have spent with Collier; just the 2 of us. It has been a fun-filled day, playing, crawling around on the floor, wrestling, reading and watching a video. I have missed this greatly and I am so thankful it is back. Collier is so patient with my wheel chair. He allows me to get in it each time we need to go to another room for something. He adapts so well.

Maybe after my next doc appt on Oct 30, I will be able to do much more with less time in the chair!!!

No comments: