Back On My Feet Countdown: 26 days
Before I share lesson learned number 4, please allow me to tell you where I got the phrasing for this next lesson.
I was on the Internet reading an article about Tony Snow (previous White House Press Secretary for President Bush). In this interview, he spoke of his terminal cancer and how he was dealing with it. Of course, he spoke of God and how He was ultimately in control of his life and the direction it would go. The interviewer asked if he ever asked "why". And here is a direct quote of what he (Tony) said and my Lesson #4;
"Asking 'Why?' is designed more to express our anguish than to solicit an answer!"
Wow, what a powerful statement! And it speaks the truth, does it not? I set out day 1 not to ask God WHY! And I am here to tell you that I have not asked. What real difference does it make if I ask? The ultimate answer is already given in the Bible. God is constantly working to make us more like His son Jesus. We already know that this perfecting comes with great difficulty. Troubles and trials are constantly at our doorsteps. They are a part of life! Why? When we are weak, He is strong. When we struggle, our character is improved and we are able to handle more of what God has in store for us! Perseverance produces character and character produces hope and this hope is one that will not disappoint us. So what is the big deal...what does hope give me? Well, let me tell you what hopes gives me....it is a longing in my heart of things that I KNOW WILL come! I am not speaking of wishing...wishing is longing for something that may or may not come to fruition. Yet, when I persevere through trials, my character is improved or built upon. Then my improved character gives me a hope in God that only He can give. And this hope NEVER disappoints me. Why? Because a hope in God ALWAYS delivers results that are truly amazing and beyond belief! Everytime I visit my doctor, I leave with more than I came in expecting!
I know what I have said is completely true, because my friends, I am living it right now and I mean RIGHT NOW and for the last 80 days!
I love you God.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment