Back On My Feet Countdown: 28 days
There is a verse in the Bible that I have quoted in this blog many times, yet I have learned that it is completely true! James 1:2-4, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
It is completely amazing! 78 days out from my accident and I still have this pure joy! I know that I would have never pulled out of this without this pure joy. And where did it come from? Did the pain pills bring it? Was is all the nice health care workers at the hospital? Could it be my dearest friends and family? Hey, I will be the first to tell you that pain pills are AWESOME! And I did have the royal treatment at the hospital. And, I could not do this without my truly Godly friends and family. BUT....none of this could deliver the joy that races through my heart and mind!
I am so thankful that God chose to give me this joy. This joy has carried me through many bouts of sadness, pain, and loneliness. When these negative emotions come, joy comes to my rescue!
I believe in my heart that my healing comes from God and His joy that is deep within me is an agent of healing!
Next Doc Appt This Week!!
This Thursday, I will visit my surgeon again. It has been 6 weeks since my last visit. I am full of hope and excitement in anticipation of the news I will get at this visit. Will I get to walk on my left leg? Will I get to lose the boot on my right foot? Who knows! But I know that whatever the news, it will be bigger and better than I ever expected!
No comments:
Post a Comment