Day 59
Back on Feet Countdown: 49 days
Ok, Russ, what are you talking about? The title of this post in your blog says you knew this day would come...so, what day are you speaking of?
Well, let me begin with an illustration. Have you ever had a leaky faucet or a toilet that constantly leak causing water to constantly run to keep the tank full? The dripping water from the leaky faucet is not so bad to listen to in the beginning, but over time, you want to SCREAM! Or, have you ever ridden a roller coaster 10 or more times in a row and by the end, you were sick of riding and just wanted to puke? Well, hopefully, you have a picture of what I am about to tell you.
My wheel chair is annoying the fire out of me! I know! I know! Where is the thankfulness? Where is the joy? Where is the happy face that God has given me over these past 59 days? Trust me, it's all still here. There is nothing that could take these things away from me. Oh, the devil will try (as he is doing right now), but he will not succeed! So, back to the chair....
I am weary of scratching walls. I am weary of dropping things because I need my hands to maneuver the chair. I am weary of not being able to reach things. But most of all, my bottom is numb from all of this sitting! I guess you get the picture....I get weary with the limitations!!!
BUT...oh yes, there is a BUT to this story! Today, I stood up 3/4 of the way on my left foot while still holding on to the locked wheels of my chair. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Isn't God so cool...just when you get weary, he gives you a glimpse of a bright future and it immediately drives away the weariness!!! I did it with no pain. Soon and very soon (23 days to be exact), I will be walking on my left foot. WOW!! HURRAY! AWESOME!! JUST FANTABULOUS!!
Thanks again to all of my friends and family for all that you do for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment