Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Post of 2008

4 months & 22 Days


Wow! Tomorrow is the beginning of 2009! Amazing!

My Wheel Chair is Gone!

I turned my wheel chair in over 3 weeks ago. I was no longer using it and the fact that I was leasing it, I believed it was time to send it back. It was pretty cool to see the guys load it into their van and then drive off. I waved goodbye! See ya!

Healing is Progressing!

I completed my first 6 weeks of physical therapy right before the week of Christmas. On my last day, I noticed that I was doing my exercises without pain. Up to this time, I called the pool I worked out in the "torture chamber." But here I was, walking, kicking and stretching without noticeable pain!! How awesome God is!

Next week, I will begin another 6 weeks of PT. I will spend 2 days a week on land-based therapy and only 1 day per week in the pool. My therapist wants to work on the side-ways motion (eversion and inversion) of my ankles.

I was chided a little at my last doc appt to spend more time off my feet and with them elevated. So I have committed to a minimum of 2 hours per day with my feet elevated.

Please continue to pray for God to completely restore my feet!

No comments: