Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lesson #9

God Is Truly All That You Need!



Either you have already had such an experience OR you will soon go through one....but in time, you will have a moment where everything is stripped away; you will be completely exposed, raw if you will and it will be that moment when you realize God is all that is left.

I can remember a couple of these moments while I was in the hospital. I was alone and was over-come with feelings of loneliness and sadness. I could not walk. I was told I may never walk correctly again. I was in lots of pain. I could not work. I could not leave my bed. I was completely dependant on other people for everything from cooking my meals to wiping my behind. I was in control of NOTHING! For a control freak like myself, it was like my skin had been ripped off my body. I was raw and exposed to all elements and there was nothing I could do to change the situation.

The ONLY comfort I could get was from God. He was there with me. I truly was not alone at all. He comforted me. He took away my negative feelings. He put a smile on my face. He gave me joy despite my circumstances. The words He wrote in the Bible gave me hope; a hope that would not (and did not) disappoint me!

So you see, we get attached to a lot of things and people here on earth. It is easy (when things are going well) to use these attachments as our security blanket. But I am here to tell you that when these "attachments" are ripped away, you soon remember that God should be our only security blanket; our first and highest attachment!

No comments: