Obedience to God; studying His word; prayer and putting others before myself are more important than my priorities and overbooked calendar!
I know the statement I just typed is more than a mouth full and may not make sense, so let me briefly explain:
I believe with all of my heart that the #1 tool Satan uses to keep us from experiencing all that God has for us is being TOO BUSY! For years I have heard this proverb, "An idle mind is the Devil's workshop." I am here to tell you that THE OPPOSITE is true and here is my new proverb: "An overbook calendar and ungodly priorities are the Devil's workshop!"
I am guilty of having ungodly priorities. I am guilty of having an overbooked calendar. And now that God has brought this storm into my life, I have realized that my priorities and my calendar are God's and He is the one that should be directing my path!
I see it everyday! Christians know the right thing to do. Christians have the best intentions. Yet our mis-guided priorities and our overbooked lives keep us for doing the right thing. Our spirit is willing, but our flesh is weak!
Here is what I wish to take away from my accident: Give my calendar to God and allow Him to direct my life. When someone or something tries to put an item in my calendar, I should stop and ask--is this from God? Is this going to give God honor and praise? Is this going to keep me from doing what God wants me to do?
Give my priorities to God and let Him direct them. If I am success at giving Him all of this, then I will never be too busy to spend time with Him; I will never be too busy to spend time with my family; and I will never be too busy to give back to others!
We are in the busiest time of the year! Don't let the Devil rob you of your joy and most importantly, don't let an opportunity pass to give to others!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for that reminder. I need to hear that, daily!
Post a Comment