Lets continue with my lessons learned.....
When in a wheel chair, you are fully aware when the ground/floor is not level!
Ok, this may sound very simple, yet until you are in a wheel chair, you really do not appreciate level ground.
My first real experience with this was the first time my wife, son and me took a walk/ride around the block to get some fresh air. Half way around the block, I notice that my right arm was doing all of the work to keep my chair in motion. My right arm was killing me! I was thinking, "what is the deal here!" Even though the sidewalk seemed level, it wasn't. When the ground is not level, one arm is going to do all of the work to keep you moving in a straight line. Needless to say, we too few trips around the block in the wheel chair!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That cracks me up, but it's SO true! I noticed it even in my boot...my right side would hurt and I'd notice I had more trouble walking when the ground is uneven...the things you never thought about before become so clear! I'm so glad you are doing so much better! Still praying for ya!
Post a Comment