Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 11--Going to Rehab

August 20, 2008
Day 11

3 Cheers For Rehab

You know you are getting close to going home when you get transferred to the Rehab floor. I got moved at 10:30 am and went through some evaluations. They said I would begin tomorrow morning. Full steam ahead!

I will be working on strengthening my upper and lower body. I will also work on transferring from bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to toilet, wheelchair to shower bench, etc.

For most of this day, I just laid in bed in my new room with a great window view on the 6th floor (tallest building in Benton). I can see the entire city. Pretty cool!

It is so cool to be up here on this floor with no IVs and no other equipment connected to me. There are fewer people coming in and out and it is much quieter. Hopefully, I will sleep better!

I had to battle feelings of loneliness again today. It was difficult to see Robbie leave this morning. But God's grace is so sufficient.

No comments: