August 17, 2008
Day 9
God grants our small requests just so we can praise Him MORE!
Phil 4:6-7; "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding; will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus"
For those of you who know me, you know I am a computer/Internet junkie. My world connects to me and I connect to my world via email and the Internet. Needless to say, I can't go long without connecting online or at least reading my emails. Since my arrival to the hospital, I have been seeking a way to get on the Internet. Each attempt was either a failure OR didn't quite meet the minimum standards I needed to be met. I begged God to help me. I had to get re-connected so that I could continue work and my connection to friends around the world. My heart longed to be connected to my world.
Some of you may be thinking, you must be crazy....you really missed or needed the Internet that bad? YES!! Just ask my friends or family. I email everyone and google anything I can.
So God hears my cry and comes to my rescue. On Day 9, a friend of mine who knows people in the Saline Memorial IT department was able to get me access to their private wireless network.
If I could have danced, I would have been dancing in my bed; jumping, leaping, rejoicing, overflowing with gratitude. I was doing all of these things in my heart and then all of the sudden, I began to cry....I was unable to speak....all I could do was cry. Why cry? I was overwhelm! I was deeply moved by the kindness of my friend, who probably had to call in some favors to make my request a reality AND I was amazed at how my God listened and granted my simple request...He didn't have to do that! But he did. It was simple to Him, yet devastating and impossible for me. How great it is to have a father in heaven who listens to our cries and answers our prayers!
---------------------------------
Today's Highlights
I had a great day in physical therapy. I was able to transfer, using only my hands, to move from my bed to a chair and back. It was so cool to leave the confines of that bed!
The nurses promised me a night of uninterrupted sleep, yet, every machine in my room that had an alarm sounded it's alarm ALL night long! So, there was very little sleep going on!!
I had some great friends bring me a Sonic Drive In Diet Coke and food for Olive Garden.
Speaking of food, I have discontinued my Russ Food Critic section because, we have gone through the 7 day cycle of food and since they repeat all foods every 7 days, there is nothing more that can be said!
Today's Humor
WARNING: The following is a discussion of male private parts (i.e. penis).
The Patient Care Tech who is responsible for caring of my non-medical needs was non-existent today. Therefore, my room was a dump! After my PT session, I had to re-arrange my night stand and other items around my bed. I also had to reposition my sheets and blanket. While doing that, I grabbed my blanket and jerked it hard to get it to cover my feet.....but little did I know, I had a grip on my catheter tube and when I jerk, I jerked the tube that was deeply attached to my bladder through my penis. I made a loud whooping sound and sat in a moment of silence, praying everything was still attached. It took 30 minutes for me to get brave enough to look and see that all was well. Shew! Praise God, no damage!! ROFLOL!
--------------------------------------
That is it for Day 9. I look forward to Day 1 at home!!!!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment