Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Days 4 - 8

Aug 12-16, 2008
Days 4 - 8

I am going to make 1 posts concerning days 4 through 8 because as each day goes by, I forget more and more. The reason I began this blog was to give others the opportunity to see my God at work during this most difficult time of my life.

Should I Ask Why?
This is the most difficult test I have had to endure! It would be so easy to lie here in my bed, in this hospital and feel sorry for myself; continually asking the question, "why?" I mean, is there anyone out there who wishes they had an injury that kept them off their feet for 3 to 4 months; with a 1 year healing time and the possibility off never being able to walk normally, do normal things, no sports, not being able to run with your kids? No one would sign up for this! Yet, God has allowed this to come to my life. Since I gain nothing from self pity and asking "why", then I must do the complete opposite...I must give all the glory to God!

During days 4-8, I spent a lot of time in God's word and praying to Him seeking His peace. This is what puts a smile on my face, a pep in my step (no pun intended, well, maybe it was), gives me joy and hope during a most stressful time! I am so thankful to be alive!





What Is This?
The food test

During days 4-8, I got to see the complete weekly food line-up. Boy, I feel so sorry for anyone that has to stay here longer than 7 days. Each 7 days, the menu repeats. I had to find a way to get a better selection.

RFCS: 1.5 out of 5

------------------------------

Do You Hear What I Hear?
The night sounds of Saline Memorial

As long as the crazy lady continues to live next door to me, I have plenty of reasons to laugh! During days 4-8, she continued to yell at those imaginary rabbits. One of my personal favs was a 2am scream for help. The nurses came to her room. They asked what was wrong. She said, "nothing!" As soon as they left the room, she screamed again. Again, they came and asked what was wrong, are you in any pain. Again, her answer was, "nothing!" So the nurses were laughing under their breaths as much as I was and the lady sat up in the bed and said, "just you wait, you will be 90 one day!" OK, at this point, I was having a deep belly laugh! She then yelled, "shut up!" Great late-night entertainment and all of it for FREE! Just can't make this stuff up! :)

No comments: