August 27, 2008
Day 18
Back On My Feet Countdown: 90 days
Getting into the swing of things!
I fell asleep in my bed at 9:30pm last night. I had not planned on going to sleep that early, yet, I was exhausted from the day's activities. I woke up at 11:30 in a complete sweat. Not sure why, but I was soaked and so were the sheets. I had the feeling of wet sheets. YUCK! So I pealed off some of the covers and let the ceiling fan cool me down. Then back off to sleep I went. I woke up at 6:30am just in time to get dressed and feed Collier. Robbie had everything ready for me to feed him this morning. She got him up and I was at his high chair with his food and milk. We got him into his high chair. We prayed to say thanks for our food and I began to feed him. It was then that I began to sing the song that I always sing to him when I feed him: This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it and be glad in it. This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day (YEAH) this is the day, that the Lord has made!
Of course it took me must longer than normal to sing it as I was crying my eyes out, trying to get through the song. My tears were tears of joy....I was finally back home, singing to my son as I always did each morning I fed him. I was so thankful that I was there and had the ability to sing and interact with him. There are so many other scenarios that could have played out from my fall.....and that is why I am so thankful that I was here, singing this song and feeding my son. Oh Praise YOU GOD! Only YOU can do the impossible, the most miraculous!
-----------------------------------
Robbie's Mom came and took Collier for the day. Robbie then got me setup for my day and she kissed me goodbye and off she went to work. Now, it was just me, God, my cats and this house. I was being overwhelmed with emotions of loneliness and wondering how I was going to make it through the next 90 days. You see, my doc and I have a goal for me to get back on my feet (or at least begin to get back on my feet) in 90 days. It was then that I spent the next hour in prayer and reading my Bible. God took away these negative feelings and I began my day in pure joy!
I went all over the house today in my wheelchair. I even ventured out to the garage. I have spent the majority of my day here in my recliner, in the living room, talking on the phone and working on my computer. It has been and great day and I look forward to Robbie and Collier's return this evening.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment