Day 12
Pain, Pain, Go Away...Don't Come Back Another Day!
Unfortunately, I began my evening with pain! Here at Saline, they constantly ask if you are in pain and if so, where on the scale of 0 to 10 (10 being the worst pain you could have). At around 9pm, I was at 8-9 level. I had taken my pain meds an hour before and still no relief. The nurse was knocking his brain trying to figure out what to do next. So, he unwrapped my legs and pulled my casts apart, thinking there was swelling and the pressure was causing the pain. Praise God! Within 15 minutes I was down to a pain level of 3. We left my legs unwrapped for the rest of the evening. I did not sleep very well, but was not in a lot of pain either. There is always something good in the midst of bad!!
Physical Therapy is Fantastic!!
I was so pumped by the end of this day. The Physical Therapy (PT) group worked me over hard, but it was just a fantastic day. I was totally worn out but so pumped and excited for learning how to do things for myself. I was able to take my first shower since checking in to hotel Saline Memorial. I just sat under the jets of warm water and all I could do was Praise God. It is funny how we take the simple pleasures of life for granted....when you lose them, you appreciate them so much more when you get them back!!!
Robbie spent the night with me tonight. It was great to have her here. I will never be able to put into words what a wonderful woman she is. I know she is overwhelmed by my accident. She has been a trooper....taking on additional responsibilities even though her plate is already full. Baby, I love you with all of my heart. You have and will continue to be the Wind Beneath My Wings!
Today's Humor
- Warning: This section talks about poop! You know, I never thought must about the importance of pooping. I went 4 1/2 days without doing it and was so miserable. And when I started back up, I had to do it in my bed, with a bed pan and then call for some stranger to come and wipe me. TODAY, I transferred from my bed to my wheelchair, from my wheelchair to my toilet and well, you know the rest of the story. I sat there, doing my business, laughing because pooping is important, BUT, pooping and wiping on your own is FANTASTIC!! By the time I got back to my bed, I had burned 1000 calories and I was drenched in sweat! But life was great!
- My nurse today was a guy from the Twilight Zone. I am serious.....he did a fantastic job, but had the strangest since of humor. He would come in my room and chat with me and get so cracked up over his own jokes that he would just ball over in laughter. His jokes weren't too funny, but watching him was amusing to me! You had to be here to get the full effect.
1 comment:
I am so thankful to God every day for your progress... and I make sure to "burn knees" for you every time I say a prayer. Keep on keepin on, Brussel...
Angie
Post a Comment