Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 16--Last day of PT; Waiting for Tomorrow

August 25, 2008
Day 16


Tough Workout!

My therapists worked my tail off today. We went outside and I went up and down a steep ramp in my wheelchair. Then we came back to lift weights and stretch. Thank you Michael, Fredrick, Holly, Cherry and Marcus for your outstanding help in getting me ready to go home and take care of myself. I have the confidence necessary to go home and know that I can do my daily life activities.

Wonderful Nurses!

Lora and Janice have been my night nurses for the past 3 nights. They are full of energy, fun, smiles and laughter. We cut up all night long. I will miss them. Last night, my dinner meal from the cafeteria was pretty bad. I did not eat much. I was craving a pizza. So, when Lora and Janice came on at 7pm, they came to my room to get my vital signs. I asked them what food they brought to celebrate my last night in the hospital. I was giving them a hard time and they told me I wasn't getting anything because I was a bad patient! Joking of course! Next thing I know, Lora comes back into my room with a pizza! She wouldn't let me pay her for it...she said it was her treat for my last night! This is the kind of treatment I have received during my 17 day stay! When I get home, I am going to write a letter to the CEO praising all these people by name.

Can't Sleep; Too Excited!!!

I was up until 1am because I just could not go to sleep. All I could think about was going home and how wonderful that would be. I finally dozed off. I woke up at 3:30 am and it took another 30 minutes to get back to sleep. Then I was back up again at 5:30am. I dozed back off again and woke up at 6:30am. I decided to start the day.

Today's Humor

I know I have made a lot of humor out of body parts and body waste products, but for some strange reason, this is where I am finding my humor these days.

During the night, I woke to a full bladder screaming at me to do something. So, I raised my bed, grabbed my portable urinal and proceeded to take care of business. Now, one very important thing you have to learn about portable urinals is that you have to keep the angle just right or it will overflow on to you, your clothes and your bed linens. You see by now where this story line is going! ;) While taking care of business, I drifted off to sleep and yep, you guessed it, I did not keep the angle right. So I quickly woke back up to urine soaked clothes and bed sheets!

So I page my fun-loving nurses to lend me a hand. Of course, they get a great laugh out of it....you know, they have nothing better to do than to take care of me! LOL They make everything right again, and back off to sleep I went. The whole time, all I could think about was going home in just a few hours!!!

No comments: