Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 13--2nd Full day of Rehab

August 22, 2008
Day 13

Great Workout -- Great Family & Friends -- Great Motivation

Another great workout in PT! We did lots of weight training on my arms and legs. We also worked on transferring from wheel chair to bath chair. We also did something today that brought a huge smile to my face and great joy to my heart. Drum roll please.......

We raised my hospital bed to the height of my bed at home (29.5 inches). We then practiced transferring from bed to wheel chair and wheel chair to bed. And guess what, I DID IT!!!! So what does that mean, you may ask. That means that I don't need a hospital bed at my house. I can sleep in my own bed next to my wonderful wife. I was going to jump up and do the victory dance....oh, right, my dance card is full for the next few months! LOL! So as you can see, today was a GREAT WORKOUT!

There is no way in the world Robbie, Collier and I could make it through this ordeal without the awesome help of our family and friends. Everyday, I am reminded of how great and blessed I am to have such a wonderful caring family and friends of the same caliper. They continue to step in and meet our needs...hugging and loving us along the way. I will never forget what they have done for my family! So as you can see, I have GREAT FAMILY & FRIENDS!

My verse today during my meditation time comes from James 1:2-4; "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever your face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." So as you can see , yesterday, today and every day after, I am GREATLY MOTIVATED!

-----------------------------------------------
Today's Humor

While I was in PT today, the CEO of the hospital walked into the room and asked to see Mr. Russell Rhodes. They directed him over to me. He introduced himself and he mentioned his title, but I did not hear it. He told me that some friends of my had called him and asked him to stop by and meet me. While he spoke to me, I noticed how quiet the room had gotten. I then glanced at his name tag and saw the letters CEO, but it did not logged into my brain what this meant. He asked me how the hospital was treating me and if I needed anything. He then gave me his number and told me to call him if I needed anything. I thanked him and we shook hands and left. He left the room and I thank asked my Physical Therapist who he was. He laughed and said, "Are you kidding?" I shrugged my shoulders...he said, "That was the CEO of this hospital!" I said, COOL! You could tell all the workers were wondering how I knew the CEO. It was funny to watch their faces as I was finally getting a clue as to who I had just met. I felt all big inside! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! and that will be ONE MORE feather in your cap to go home!! awesome news!!

~Angie